NBA Seventh Games Showcased in Riveting New Book
SEATTLE -- A new book covering every seventh game in NBA history is now available exclusively online at http://www.nbagame7.com.
The book, titled “Game 7: Inside the NBA’s Ultimate Showdown,” is loaded with in-depth analysis and player perspectives, including:
* A thorough unraveling of basketball’s most famous play, most notably why John Havlicek’s famous steal never should have happened;
* The cause of the Blazers’ notorious meltdown against the Lakers in the 2000 Western Conference finals;
* Coach Billy Cunningham’s psychological gamble against the Celtics in the 1981 Eastern Conference finals;
* How the rest of the Lakers diffused the Shaq-Kobe relationship long enough to squeeze out a thrilling win over the Kings in 2002;
* The various approaches in dealing with Game 7 pressure, including a chart of all late-game situations.
The book contains those elements and a whole lot more about all 96 NBA Game 7s, including:
* Complete full-length box scores from every game;
* Behind-the-scenes details uncovered from scores of recent interviews with the author;
* Hand-compiled, never-before-seen record book;
* Complete roster of every player who ever stepped onto the court for a Game 7.
The 330-page book can be ordered exclusively online for $18.95 (plus shipping/handling) at http://www.nbagame7.com.